2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, February 01, 2010


The ModFab Gallery: What Price Joy

Water Molotov | Barra de Navidad, 2009
gratefully reprinted under Creative Commons License

Maybe it's the week I've been having, but looking as these selection for TMFG, I'm smacked with my own moody preoccupations with joy and pain, light and dark, elation and sadness. Some of them, like Chromium's magnificent "Singing," Mute's cheeky "More Umbrellas," and my photo "Applause" are caffeinated bolts of positive energy. Juxtaposed against that energy, though, is the uneasy mood of Polydactile's "Metamorphosis Doll," the aging workers of Panopticon's "Matanza," and the literal needle-and-skin of "No Pain, No Gain" by Tageswerk. Somehow, it all fits together for me. But I suspect that reveals more about my frame of mind than I want to admit.

Chromium | Singing
Hello | Night Lights
Imagining Oscar | Applause
Mute | More Umbrellas
Panopticon | Matanza (Doing Sausages)
Pixistenz | We're All Alone #1
Polydactile | Metamorphosis Doll
ShutterView | Supine
Tageswerk | No Pain, No Gain
Thomas Winzer | Secret Look #3
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home