2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, February 15, 2010


The ModFab Gallery: Thawing Out

Glitterlens | By Lantern Light
gratefully reprinted under Creative Commons License

Yeah, that's the snowstorm. Last Wednesday. Outside my house. And yes, it's digitally manipulated to be dark, gloomy...very Narnia. It's how I (and most of the East Coast of the U.S.) are feeling about winter these days. I'm not one of those "snow is so beautiful" people; I'm more of a "I hate freezing to death" person.

So it's probably no surprise that I've avoided the avalanche (pun intended) of snow pictures covering the photoblogosphere for this week's ModFab Gallery. Give me the blanched beauty of "Finally Rest," the cheeky romance of "Happy Valentine's Day," or the sass of "Fussball/Socker" anyday. Great work this week, and all of it reminding us of one essential truth: spring is on the way. Hallelujah.

Daily Walks | Finally Rest
DoubleCrossed | Lace Trim and Fangs
François-Noël Masson | Enlèvement d'une Sabine
Lachezar's Photo_Notes | Sea, Kites and Horses
Old Shutterhand | Fussball/Socker
Photo.Shoq | Salone Biglietti
Shorpy | Catching Some Rays: 1904
That...Was My Foot | Happy Valentine's Day
Turnorama | Johnson Hall II
Wideangle | Olympic Short Track 1500M

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home