2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, January 09, 2010


The Online Critics...Go Online


I've been a proud member of the Online Film Critics Society for more years than I can count; I recently resigned from the organization, because I don't really believe anymore in the old-media, newspaper-based critical models that the group tries to emulate. (The most interesting movie critics I read these days? On Flixster at Facebook, which the OFCS doesn't even recognize as legit.) But I don't want to take anything away from them, because they advocate for quality writing on the web, a very noble (and very rare) pursuit.

This year, when I voted in the year-end Online Film Critics Awards, the governing body decided to do a video announcement, and it was incredibly successful. They are fun, professional, and savvy; I thought I'd share, and hope you get a kick out of both parts. It's also a great way to wave goodbye to an organization that's been very good to me...

Labels: ,