2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, January 25, 2010

 

The ModFab Gallery: Painting With Lenses


Glitterlens | Oh Canada!
reprinted by permission

I know, it's a bit self-involved to highlight a shot of my own, but all ten of the photographers I wanted to highlight this week have (for reasons known only to them) skipped the Creative Commons license. But I couldn't leave any of them out...these photos simultaneously capture reality AND remind me of painters' work, which is an astonishing feat. Hopper, Cadmus, Corot, and more. Brilliant.

Boxman | House Dog
Daily Dose of Imagery| Metal Dog
Digital Apotosis | VenkataramanaSwamy Temple
Framed and Shot | Recycle
Frisky Pics | Pop!
Panopticon | Tulum Beach Flags
Photoschau | Fender
Tageswerk | Having Visions
That...Was My Foot | Kabuki in the Sky with Pilots
Turnorama | Crane Cab

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home