2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, October 01, 2009

 

Kylie Begins U.S. Tour



Although I have fifty gazillion things to do, I can't even focus....since dawn, I've been totally obsessed with the videos, tweets, and blog reviews of Kylie Minogue's first U.S. gig in Oakland last night. SPOILERS TO FOLLOW:

Robbie (he of the much-missed Toons 'N' Tunes blog, who is also one of my dates for the NYC concert on the 11th) called to share the playlist from last night's spectacular show in Oakland:

Light Years
Speakerphone
Come Into My World In Your Eyes
(costume change)
Medley: Shocked/What Do I Have To Do/Step Back In Time/Spinning Around
Better Than Today (new song!)
(costume change)
Like A Drug
Boombox/Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Slow
2 Hearts
(costume change)
Red Blooded Woman
Where The Wild Roses Grow
Heartbeat Rock
Wow
(costume change)
White Diamond (ballad version)
Confide In Me
I Believe In You (ballad version)
(costume change)
Mashup: Burning Up/Vogue
Loco-Motion
Kids
In My Arms
Encore: Better The Devil You Know
Encore: The One
Encore: Love At First Sight

All in all, a pretty great list. Some of the choices seem to be reconstructed from previous world tours, especially the medleys...but since America never saw them before, they're new to us! Most of the hits are here, with the only major omissions I can see being "The Loco-Motion," "All I See," "Chocolate" and maybe "Finer Feelings." The set definitely leans heavy on the last four albums, with very few tracks from her early catalog. I'm especially psyched that some of my favorites -- especially "Devil," "Step Back In Time," "Wow," and "Slow" -- made the cut. I would have killed to see some of the cheesier stuff off the Light Years or Body Language, like "Sweet Music," "Loveboat" or "Cuckachoo," but I won't be greedy.

Any California readers see the Oakland show last night, or going tonight? Let me know!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home