2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, July 20, 2009


A Reader Request: My Cell Phone

Yesterday I got one of the most interesting e-mails I've ever received, a reader asking what my cell phone ring is right now. Interesting, because blogs don't have ringtones. (Maybe they should?)

Actually, I've had the same ring for over a year now, because I like it so damn much -- Jill Scott's "Golden," which doubles as a personal mantra. When life is stressing me out, it's nice to have the phone go off and remind you of the way you should be living, even if you're not at that exact moment. (Similarly, my ringtone for my family is "Lola's Theme" by the Shapeshifters, aka Shape:UK, who warn me every single time to be a different person, yeah yeah yeahhh, turn my life around.)

I'm also loving this video today, from Swing Out Sister's maestro Andy Connell. Beautiful.

Labels: , ,


Blogger TP said...

Hmmm ... when my parents call, I get the theme from Sordid Lives.

7/20/09, 2:01 PM  
Blogger You said...

obviusly you didnt think the shallowness of picking a ringtone in-volve

7/23/09, 1:33 AM  
Blogger Lew Feem said...

this used to be my ring tone for the same reason... and also that i don't like ringtones that sound strictly like songs. the repetition adds to the ringtone feel.

8/3/09, 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home