2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, March 05, 2009

 

American Idolatry: Tatiana Cannot Be Killed, No Matter How Hard I Try

American Idol

I was two for three last night on American Idol -- the sentimental plea by Jorge Nuñez trumped the pretty-boy charm of Von Smith, giving Puerto Rico a reason to vote (and vote, and vote) -- but the real news wasn't the winners (Lil Rounds, she of the great pipes, and Scott MacIntyre, whose blindess undoubtedly softened hearts and eardrums in the voters, were the other two). The eight comers for tonight's Wild Card Round were named. In the "hey, great picks, Simon" column are:

Von Smith
Jasmine Murray
Matt Giraud
Jesse Langseth

And in the "well, they can't all be winners, Simon" column:

Ricky Braddy
Megan Corkrey
Tatiana Del Toro
Anoop Desai

Yeah, I see her. Tatiana's back. Surprised? You shouldn't be. She's catnip for the producers, who like a little crazy in the mix. With her return, of course, I must reinstate my public death threat...which is not me being cruel and homicidal, but rather, a manifestation of my desire to keep the desecration of popular music to a minimum. For me, I'd have chosen instead of those four (in order of preference) Ju'Not Joyner, Kai Kalama, Felicia Barton and Mishavonna Henson.

And my early, sight-unheard picks for tomorrow night? Von, Jasmine, and Anoop. More tomorrow...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home