2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, March 06, 2009


Disco Friday: Depeche Mode "I Feel Loved"

As the excitement at ModFab HQ grows to a fever pitch over next month's release of Sounds of the Universe, I've been revisiting the catalog of Depeche Mode on the iPod more often than I should admit. (261 tracks by the band on my DM playlist...remixes, outtakes, bootlegs, etc. Yes, we're Mode Whores. What of it?) We keep coming back, though, to the propulsive frenzy of "I Feel Loved," a very danceable track off 2001's underrated Exciter disc. Even more fun are You Tube's many homemade remixes of the song, which show the durability and elasticity of Martin Gore's songwriting.


Blogger Cal said...

Good song, although all I can think of when I watch that is how CRAPPY Top of the Pops was in this era. No wonder they got rid of it.

3/6/09, 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home