2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, February 27, 2009

 

Disco Friday: The Motels "Only The Lonely"



I'm working on a play, Not Her, that opens March 10th (tickets), and this song figures prominently in the plot, so I've been listening to it a lot. The Motels were a one-hit wonder (or, to be fair, a three-hit wonder), but like so many bands, they probably deserved more success than they got. The song is merely catchy pop, but vocalist Martha Davis has an exquisite alto. It makes me melancholy, but not sad...kind of nostalgic, but for a life I never lived. Weird.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger qta said...

BEST SONG EVER! You know I pour my heart out singing like the biggest drag queen every time this song comes on.

2/27/09, 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home