2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, February 12, 2009


BREAKING: Tatiana Del Toro Replaces Economic Downturn As New National Catastrophe

The 36 American Idol semifinalists (or is this the quarterfinals? When you got three dozen contestants, there's little that "final") have been announced, and surprise surprise, the recession's answer to Sanjaya Malakar is among the chosen few. Please send your thanks and death threats in care of Fox Studios, attn: Tatiana.

With the first twelve to take the stage next week, I'm not going to catalog the entire 36 until they start singing for their supper (and America gets their say, however deluded we may be). If you're looking for a full preview, I'll leave that to my betters, namely Low Resolution and Tapeworthy. But if I had to be a betting man right this second on a Final Five, I'd guess him, him, her, him, and her.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: ,


Blogger Vance said...

I lol'd as soon as I saw the title of this post!

2/12/09, 1:55 AM  
Blogger APJ / Powell said...

that, my friend is the quote of the day!

(specifically on my facebook page) :)

Powell from raleigh

2/12/09, 7:26 AM  
Blogger BosGuy said...

Fantastic post... I like your predictions for the final five.

2/17/09, 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home