2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, January 22, 2009


You Just Got Patti LuPWNed!

If you've followed the messageboard drama about Patti LuPone's rant against a photographer last month during the next-to-last performance of Gypsy (Steve On Broadway's been doing a magnificent job covering it), you know that ModFab's favorite leading lady is a force to be dealt with. Now, for your listening and viewing pleasure, is Miz LuPone's tirade...remixed!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Dennis said...

DAMN. Ya gotta love it.

And really, shame on whoever was taking photos during a live performance. I've been in that situation, where audience members felt entitled to that, but I don't think I've ever experienced this kind of thing, where someone transgressed multiple times. She had every right to be mad.

1/22/09, 3:48 PM  
Blogger StinkyLulu said...

I love you.

1/22/09, 4:58 PM  
Blogger ladydisdain said...

That was the best blog post title in the history of all mankind. Please leave Dennis and run away with me forever.

(Sorry Dennis! Love you!)

1/23/09, 10:19 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Hey the actors are not beyond halting the show to lay a speech on ya. I went to Frankie and Johnnie with Edie Falco and Stanley Tucci and had my zoom lens digi camera, flash off... but never thought of the little red light on the front of the camera to let people know when to "smile". Also remember in Frankie and Johnnie the nude scenes were long and many. Well on the third shot I get the glare from Stanley Tucci, nude and he walks up to the stage edge. My partner was horrified as we had front row center seats and while he was staring and pointing at me thank God I can muli task because I was popping my memory card out of my camera. He started screaming for the ushers to throw me out, poor Edie Falco grabbed a robe and covered up and the ushers took me to the lobby. When Edie was to go on with her line she had lost it and there was a 30 second pause and all heads were turned to the rear of the theater. I turned on the camera and told the usher I was using the zoom lens to get a close up view of Ms. Falco as I was a huge fan but there was no film. I showed him the view screen and it came up blue with a message "no pictures or memory card stored in this device". I could have kissed Kodak. BTW the pictures came out fantastic and I thought of blogging them and playing around with Stanley's privates but was actually grateful to get out of there. I marched back to front row and acted like nothing happened. On the way out I got a lot of curt looks and just smiled saying, "they let me keep the pictures, wasn't that nice." Follow the rules from now on!

1/23/09, 11:59 AM  
Blogger David S. said...

I just want to give a shout-out to the funniest post title I've seen in a while. Gabriel, I applaud you.

1/24/09, 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home