2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, January 11, 2009

 

Showtune Sunday: "City of Angels"



In the past, I've mentioned my belief that this is one of the musicals most in need of a revival...it's magnificently entertaining, with great parts and songs inhabiting a cheeky conceit that doesn't run out of steam. We're also in danger of losing Cy Coleman to the mists of time...and as one of the great American composers of the 20th century, we need to keep him in the popular consciousness. (And if Randy Graff could reprise her role, I'd be over the moon!)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

ModFab, I love the idea of a revival for City Of Angels, which ranks among my earliest visits to Broadway to see an original musical. I remember loving it and its terrific cast, including Graff.

Even though it's been close to 20 years since it first appeared, it does seem like just yesterday in so many respects - guess I must be getting old!

1/12/09, 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home