2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, December 07, 2008

 

Showtune Sunday: "Assassins"

I'm entertaining the gay genius formerly known as Queering The Apparatus this weekend; we're taking in Stephen Sondheim's latest, Road Show, down at the Public. From press reports, the show seems to share a cynical American darkness that Sondheim exhibited, to great effect, in Assassins, one of his best ever. Here's the scary pastiche "Everybody's Got The Right," from that show, as performed on the Tonys in 2004:

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vance said...

Strangely, I had been humming the Assassins song all last week (not even realizing I was or where it was from for a few hours). I really wish I had gotten to see that show back then.

Did you like Road Show? I liked it even though I thought it had some major problems, though at this many incarnations, maybe Sondheim should try something new by this point.

12/8/08, 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home