2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, November 27, 2008


Giving Thanks

More than most years, I've got a lot to be thankful for in 2008: Mr. ModFab and I bought our first apartment, I've lost 110 pounds, Barack Obama is President, and Britney Spears is finally taking her meds. I'm also very thankful for my sister and her partner, who moved to NYC this year. We're celebrating the day with them today. (She's also in the theatre, and also gay. I know, crazy right? All that fabulousness, in one family!)

I'm also thankful for these blogs, and I'm sorry if I leave anyone out by accident. I read all of these every single day, and they enrich my life beyond measure: Adventures in the Endless Pursuit, Arjan Writes, Bibi's Box, A Blog Next Door, Brilliant at Breakfast, Buffalo Void, Daddycatcher's Realm, Dangerous Sidekick, Debonair Debacles, Dyer Times, Ed and Tony, Electroqueer, Ephemerist, Ethan Says, Everything I Know I Learned From Musicals, The Film Experience, Fimoculous, FizzyPop, Four Four, Gratuitous Violins, GreenCine Daily, Kenneth in the (212), Low Resolution, Multiple Personality, My Cabinet of Distractions, My Grey Garden, My New Plaid Pants, NewYorkology, Nick's Flick Picks, OMG, Party Favorz, Planet Fabulon, Pressing The Flesh, Radio Allegro, Rod 2.0, Shantytown, Show Showdown, Steve On Broadway, Stinkylulu, A Strange Interlude, 3 Guys, 2K9s, Tapeworthy, The Daily Slab, Toons 'N Tunes, Towleroad and XO's Middle Eight.

But mostly, I'm thankful for YOU, my blog family...especially those of you who have stuck around for the past (eek!) 4 1/2 years. I stepped back from blogging a bit this year, because I needed to focus on my offline life more. (Apartments and weight-loss take energy and time!) But to know that you're still here, still happy, and reading every day moves me deeply. Thanks, everyone. Thank you very much.

I'll see you tomorrow. In the meantime, it's time for that second helping on stuffing. Go on, you know you want to.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]



Blogger Joe Reid said...

Aw, thank YOU! And congratulations on such a wonderful year!

11/27/08, 12:18 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

Thanks for including my humble little blog on your list! And it was really great to meet you on my recent trip to New York, so thank-you for that, too. A happy Thanksgiving to the whole ModFab family!

11/27/08, 1:16 AM  
Blogger the said...

Many thanks -- you are the very best!


11/28/08, 9:39 AM  
Blogger ZenDenizen said...

You are a sweetheart!

11/29/08, 10:44 AM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Happy Thanksgiving to one of my absolute favorite bloggers. And congratulations to you on all you do (thankfully, including for yourself, too!)

11/30/08, 6:51 PM  
Blogger Vance said...

Yay, my internet is back so now I can finally say Thank YOU for blogging, for letting me steal some readers and for being so cool (and looking so great!).

12/1/08, 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home