2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, October 02, 2008

 

Gratuitous Fabulousity

Film poster for Kung Fu Panda - Copyright 2007...Image via WikipediaRick Astley is nominated with U2, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Green Day for "Best Act Ever" at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards in Liverpool. I say, hells yeah. It's a fitting tribute for an artists who will never, ever give up, never let you down, nor run around and desert you.

Cracked explores new ways to make money now that the economy's crapped the bed. There are many good ideas to be had, but I, however, am going another route. Yes, friends...I am now a prostitute. Live the fantasy.

The most surprisingly wonderful movie I saw this year? Kung Fu Panda. I'm not kidding, you should Netflix that shit. And the best news of the day? It's getting a sequel.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cal said...

Oh my god! That MTV category is truly dreadful. "Best Act Ever" and they pick those five? Eek.

I've been surprised by the support for Kung Fu Panda and intend to rent it when available here :-)

Oh and I'm so glad you've kept up the Top Ten Songs feature, even though you're not as prolific as before, Gabriel. I'm loving most of them!

10/2/08, 5:50 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Rick Astley. Just reading that name made me smile.

10/2/08, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Vance said...

I dont know why but for some reason I thought you hated Kung Fu Panda so I'm glad I was wrong (no idea where I got that idea now). KFP was such a huge surprise for me! Adored it and lol'd way too many times!

10/3/08, 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home