2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, August 02, 2008

 

Big News (Or, Where The Hell Have You Been, ModFab?)

Sorry I've been out of commission for the last few days. I've been working for almost three months on a big new chapter of my personal life, and it took an enormous amount of my time and psychic space. And it all became real and final yesterday.

The ModFab HQ is now a reality. Because I (and Mr. ModFab) have...

...BOUGHT AN APARTMENT.

Yes, BOUGHT. In the toughest real estate market in America and in the middle of a disastrous mortgage crisis, somehow we have found the American Dream a way out of renters' hell.

And it's gorgeous, if I do say so myself. I spent most of Friday painting accent walls, and it was more emotional than I ever anticipated...having a space of my own, our own. The co-op building (we're on the top floor, woo hoo!) has gorgeous landscaping, stunning amenities, a bay window overlooking the Hudson River, and a mere 20-minute commute into midtown Manhattan. (It's also much bigger and nicer than our current place, which gives off the constricted aura of a prison cell.)

I'll be moving at the end of next week, so I don't know how much I'll be around over the next few days. But trust that I didn't die, I just became a housewife with a new kitchen (with brand-new appliances!) and I'm enjoying it far more than I ever expected. And did I mention I have a private pool now? Don't hate...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

That's great! Congratulations to you and Mr. ModFab on becoming homeowners. I've never had the joy. It must be so thrilling!

8/2/08, 1:08 AM  
Blogger par3182 said...

that's great news, congrats

i'd drop off a housewarming gift if i was in the neighbourhood (or even in the country...or continent...or hemisphere)

happy nesting

8/2/08, 1:29 AM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Oh, wow, HOORAY! And congratulations! I dream of taking such a step someday...

8/2/08, 3:19 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

aw how exciting. the first place is always special :) When dazpants and i moved into our first place i was emotional - because it had no kitchen or bathroom and we lived that way for four weeks. I did sob when we left though ;)

You get your first place, i finally find a copy of Jewel doing the Cold Song... it's a good week all round!

8/2/08, 6:07 AM  
Blogger Vance said...

So when's the housewarming party? :P

8/3/08, 2:23 AM  
Blogger K j A M said...

Congrats! XOXOXO

8/3/08, 3:52 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Hearty congratulations, ModFab! Ironically, homeownership can be downright liberating (especially from landlords). All the best to both of you as you move into your new home!

8/3/08, 6:14 PM  
Blogger JB said...

Congratulations!

8/4/08, 10:08 AM  
Blogger NATHANIEL R said...

CONGRATS!

8/5/08, 7:35 AM  
Blogger verninino said...

Awesome and congratulations!

8/7/08, 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home