2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, July 12, 2008


We'd Flip For...Gabrielle Union

Welcome to "We'd Flip For...," a new recurring feature where we'll be idolizing the women we'd happily switch teams for. I've hinted at my latent bisexuality before, but it rarely makes a public appearance. (As gays go, I'm...well...pretty damn gay.) But that doesn't mean that I can't recognize beauty and sex appeal when I see it.

And who can't see it in Gabrielle Union? She's gorgeous, talented, and has carved out a nice little career in Hollywood...a town notoriously uninterested in intelligent black actresses. (See: Angela Bassett.) She's had many brilliant turns over the years, but for me, she'll always be Isis, the captain of the Compton Clovers, the rival cheerleading squad in Bring It On.

Union, who's out promoting her latest (Meet Dave, which opened yesterday), hit up Out.com with 10 rules for any gay man who wants to be her friend. Love it!
  1. Just like y’all don’t wanna be fashion designers, we don’t all wanna be your tortured muses.
  2. When we show up at one of your fabulous parties, please refrain from asking “Who brought the fish?”
  3. Let’s make a deal: You don’t call during Grey’s Anatomy. I don’t call during Ugly Betty.
  4. Don’t ask to borrow my skinny jeans...and then tell me they’re too big.
  5. Techno music? Really?
  6. When I ask you how I look, avoid using “Cute,” “You remind me of my mother,” and “Time to get your weave tightened.”
  7. Just because you won’t sleep with me doesn’t mean you can get all shy when the dinner bill comes.
  8. If you know some twisty-twirly trick to speed things up in bed, don’t keep it in the gay vault. I ain’t got all night.
  9. Yeah, Posh Spice really is fierce.
  10. If there’s a hot new guy in your life, don’t forget to call us. And not just to borrow our flatirons.

Labels: ,


Blogger Vance said...

I couldn't agree more. HOT!

7/12/08, 9:27 AM  
Blogger T$ said...

nice - although given her hilariously tough rules...if you ever did get in bed with her, she might be working you hard (uh...) with a strap-on.

7/13/08, 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home