2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, July 04, 2008


Strange Ways, Here We Come

Later this month, legendary director Spike Lee (Do The Right Thing) is going to film Passing Strange, Broadway's best musical of the moment. (Tonys be damned, it really is the best musical playing on the stem these days...at least, until [Title of Show] begins previews tomorrow.) The end result will be a full-length concert film, probably airing on cable television in 2009...by which time the show will have closed and all of you who have put off seeing it because it seems so weird will be very upset that you missed this incredible live experience. So perhaps you wanna celebrate the Fourth with a little Strange love?

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...


Happy Fourth!

7/4/08, 1:59 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

This is great news! I have been troubled by PS's inability to market itself. I've been trying to get people to see the show, but if they've seen it on The View or the Tony's, or if they've heard the recording, the don't get what the fuss is about. If I'd seen a TV performance before I had my tickets, I'm not sure I would have gone either. It's too damn hard to capture. But if anyone can do it, I have faith in Spike. Now I'm just hoping the show holds out until I see it again on August 15.

7/4/08, 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home