2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, July 04, 2008


Independence Day Gets Even Better

Jesse Helms is dead. And this is me, doing a spirited cha-cha on his grave, with a basket of fruit on my head. Woo hoo!

As if there weren't already enough things to celebrate today...

Labels: ,


Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...


As you may recall, I once worked on Capitol Hill on the Senate side. And my time there coincided with the "service" of Jesse Helms.

My one memory of him that I'll never forget was when I was boarding the Senate's subway along with a friend of mine who happens to be African American. Along came Helms, who started to board my car, but when he took one look at my friend, he moved on to the next car.

Ever since, he's been the personification of racial bigotry in my eyes. I'm shedding no tears today.

7/4/08, 7:33 PM  
Blogger T$ said...

I too did a jig yesterday. The world is a better place without this douchebag.

p.s. - thought MF was in the deepfreeze - glad it's not!

7/5/08, 8:26 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

I will admit that I feel uncomfortable about rejoicing in anyone's death--I remember being in NYC with a friend when we heard that Reagan had died, and it seemed wrong to me to be celebrating a death--but my first response to the news of Helms's death was to be glad that one more hateful voice is now silent.

My verification code: fuugspd, which is like Godspeed, but different.

7/6/08, 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home