2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, May 05, 2008


Sam Sparro: "American Boy"

It's amazing that I haven't yet mentioned Sam Sparro here, since I've been shaking my moneymaker around the ModFab HQ to his debut disc for over a week now. L.A.-based, Aussie born, he's one of the many queer artists vying to follow in Scissor Sister's very-out shoes. Although I absolutely adore Sam's new single, "Black and Gold," you should first enjoy this video that's been kicking around the gay music blogs for a couple of weeks (and that I stole from our buddies at eMackinations). Why? Because it's disco fabulous, that's why, and because it's "American Boy"...performed the way God, in all her Gay Glory, intended it to be.

Labels: ,


Blogger jason said...

I'd only heard his Black and Gold, which is good.
But I like this too...rather late 70s disco jazz-ish.

God, in all Her gay Glory is well pleased.

5/5/08, 1:14 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Can't get Sam Sparro on itunes. How do we get it??

5/5/08, 2:49 AM  
Blogger ModFab said...

Ryan, I'd suggest that you purchase it from an international music site like 7Digital. Here's the address:


5/5/08, 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home