2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 

Weekend Fabstuff

My eight favorite things of the day:

1) Power-hungry robot lightbulbs masquerading as outsider art! Sweet. (io9)

2) A Project Runway spinoff! Sweeter. (Reality Blurred)

3) Me by Kirk Wood Bromley (the best playwright in America you've never heard of), directed by my friend Alec Duffy (the best director in America you've never heard of) at the OHIO (the best theatre in America that some of you may have heard of, but probably not many). (Broadwayworld)

4) Battlestar heaven. Sigh.

5) Estelle's "American Boy" with Kanye. If I could burn a groove into my iPod by pressing repeat, this song would be the one to do it. Been bouncing down the streets of NYC to this for three weeks running.

5) A sample or two, fresh off an industry-only promo, of a new musical Broadway-bound for 2009. I'm posting these without mentioning them by name because I don't want to get into trouble, so be cool. But suffice it to say...even on these rough-hewn demo tracks, I'm pretty damn excited to see this show, written by a gay icon (who sings on one of the tracks, and no, Virginia, it isn't Elton John.)

6) This. (Music Source)


7) Finally seeing the cast of Glory Days. And being unimpressed. (Broadway)

8) Vera Charles on Fabulon. I may have some Vera-related news this summer -- which might also affect a number of other erstwhile bloggers -- so stay tuned!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger will g said...

Lyrical content makes me think show-that-shall-not=be-mentioned is being done as a period piece. Too bad if true, would love to see them bring it up to date.

4/11/08, 10:33 PM  
Blogger joe*to*hell said...

the soulseekerz remix of estelle is great because it cuts our kanye! YAY

4/11/08, 11:27 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

oh oh oh! The samples of the musical are very exciting. I love your "so be cool" comment. hahahahaha

4/12/08, 7:53 AM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

ModFab, I am oh-so-cool with what you've provided here. It's the one musical I have gigantic hopes for next year (aside, of course, from [title of show]. Thanks for the sneak peeks!

4/12/08, 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home