2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, April 07, 2008


Another One Down.

I'd love to be saddened by the death of Charlton Heston...but like most anti-gay, gun-toting, misogynistic Republican egomaniacs, I find it hard to dredge up any tears. Yeah I'm a bastard, but like most dinosaurs, I have a long memory. I'm sure there will be plenty of paeans on film blogs to his overwrought, rarely-changeable acting today. But me? I'll leave the plaudits by saying that he had a magnetic stage presence, and one helluva agent.



Blogger will g said...

Heston was one of many old-school Hollywood conservative assholes, one of the last. He was just much more vocal and active than most. As a film lover, I force myself to separate the actor and the asshole; he did star in many important films, and at times he was very effective in them. There, now I feel better.

4/7/08, 1:29 AM  
Blogger Rural Juror said...

I dunno . . . I feel like we ignore that he was active during the civil right's movement.

Not that I'm defending his NRA days, but I still feel like we don't give him enough credit for that.

4/9/08, 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home