2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

 

Stage Addiction: So Here's The Bad News...

Sadly, I've been injured -- I have torn, ripped, twisted, and/or sprained my shoulder. Not sure which one exactly. (It feels like it's been run through a meat grinder...anyone got a diagnosis for that?) Thanks to Dr. Koop, I'm awash in scary, foreign phrases like "rotator cuff" and "mild dislocation", which you have to admit suck as possibilities.

Among the many unpleasantries of such a thing is that it is incredibly painful to type...which is a real bummer, because I planned to restart the Stage Addiction column today. There is some serious news on the Rialto this week, but I simply don't have the strength to write my usual, pithy thoughts on them. So here are the headlines, and I'll leave it to you all to bring the attitude in the comments. (Bitchiest zinger wins the Honorary ModFab Bitch Award!)

Here's what you should read:

In New York...
Pal Joey To Return to B’way; Mantello Directs
For Colored Girls..., Starring India.Arie, on Broadway This Summer
Revival of Oh Kay!, with Harry Connick, due in 2009
Is Merrily We Roll Along Headed Back To Broadway?

Elsewhere...
Hairspray Wins Big At Olivier Awards
Liv Ullman Directs Cate Blanchett in Streetcar Down Under
Stephen King, John Mellencamp Join Forces for Ghost Musical
San Jose Rep Premieres The Kite Runner in 2009
Toy Story: The Musical Debuts...on Cruise Ship

Casting, Casting, Casting...
Sarah Jessica Parker Skips Boeing Boeing, Hahn Instead
Mario Lopez Joins A Chorus Line
Will Fantasia Star in Movie Musical of Color Purple?
Bryggman Joins Ruehl in Albee's Occupant
Pill and Schreiber in New Neil Labute Play
Liaisons Features Linney, Davis, Gummer, Neilsen

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger A.M. said...

Ouch X( sorry to hear about your shoulder

3/11/08, 12:56 AM  
Blogger Barry Rowell said...

Whatever you did, MF, don't do it again! Heal fast my friend and let us know if there's anything we can do...

My bitchy comment would be about Toy Story: I've no doubt it will arrive in NYC at some future point, because that IS the vast wasteland of imagination that corporate Broadway has become. Personally, I'm still waiting for Applebees: the Musical.... I guess it would have to be dinner theater.

3/11/08, 11:57 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Oh no! hurts to type? How awful. I had a boss once with no arms and she used a pointy stick thing she put in her mouth to type. Perhaps you could practice? (unrelated comment - i once saw a dog nick it from her bag and her carer just wiped it off and popped it back in. As she wasn't a very nice person i didn't tell her)......

More unrelated - Shockingly Bette Midler in vegas was *quite* good. V theatrical and bawdy!

3/11/08, 12:30 PM  
Blogger will g said...

I'm very disturbed by the fact that I honestly had no idea A Chorus Line was still going on. I gotta get out more.

3/11/08, 1:59 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy on the typing!

3/11/08, 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home