2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Tuesday, March 18, 2008


R.I.P. Anthony Minghella

An unexpected and tragic death, gone well before his time. Minghella was one of my favorite directors in all mediums (stage, screen, opera, television), I am truly heartbroken he's gone. I know not everyone loves his work, but I thought he was one of the most lyrical practitioners of art I've ever seen; think of The English Patient, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Truly Madly Deeply, or his underseen and underappreciated Breaking and Entering, and you can see an artist's hand imprinted upon every frame. As long as I live, though, I'll remember the final moments of his Madame Butterfly at the Metropolitan Opera last season...it still resonates deeply in my memory.

Labels: , , , ,


Blogger T$ said...

that's truly awful - he was a great artist.

3/18/08, 1:23 PM  
Blogger will g said...

Truly shocking. This one hurts.

3/18/08, 2:09 PM  
Blogger jason said...

very sad.

3/18/08, 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home