2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, March 24, 2008

 

4,000 U.S. Soldiers Dead In Iraq

The horror continues...and that doesn't begin to address the tens of thousands of dead Iraqi citizens and soldiers from Britain, Australia and other countries. I know I spend (probably too much) time squabbling with Obama v. Clinton on this site...let's not forget the important things about the November elections. Like putting a stop to the carnage, and McCain's plan to keep us in Iraq for decades.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I'm a Soldier in the U.S. Army and when I heard news of the 4000 death mark I became sick to my stomach. I'm lucky enough to have been to Iraq and return home to my family but so many of my fellow Soldiers have not been as fortunate. And in my heart i feel like every one of those 4000 deaths our president is to be blamed for.

I've opened up a discussion on my blog so I can talk to people and answer their questions and hopefully make people understand that not all military are supporting this war and that every one of those deaths was important and unneeded. I'd like it you'd stop by and toss in your two cents.

I'm all for defending my country but U.S. did not need to be defended from Iraq.

3/24/08, 9:22 AM  
Blogger Keith a.k.a. K j A M said...

Michael, first and foremost, thank you for your service to this country. I wholeheartedly agree, this was not a necessary war and has only contributed to the anti-U.S. sentiment throughout the world. At this point, I do feel sorry for the Iraquis', and all the unwelcome crap from insurgents further boiling the pot. However, after countless loss of U.S. lives and billions of dollars spent (a good deal unaccounted for), it's time for them to step up to the plate, unify their country and fend for themselves. I mean, Shi'ite or Sunni, what the fuck? They're all Muslim. Rather than kill each other, they have bigger issues to deal with. What really saddens me, is that my wonderful nephew is about to graduate in May and has told his mother he's enlisting. My heart just broke.

3/24/08, 8:02 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I don't know how president shrub can sleep at night. He's responsible for more American deaths that Osama Bin Laden. Why is this man still president???

3/24/08, 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home