2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

Traveling Again...

...back to NYC, after a lovely stay in Baltimore where I enjoyed the company of ToonsNTunes and two bloggers who asked me to apologize to all of you for their shady lack of posting this year, EdandTony and Shantytown. My teaching assignment went well, I caught up with old friends, and now will be on the redeye back to NYC, so I can be at work bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Wednesday morning. (This is my way of saying that normal posting will resume on Thursday, and thank you for your understanding. Meanwhile, perhaps someone could explain to me why I keep hearing that Lindsay Lohan is still a mega-star. For the record: she is merely a crack whore, and no longer a star. Ditto all members of the Spears family.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Manuel B said...

Holla that! Re: LiLo and the Spears-gang.

In my world, a star is productive, and a mega-star is bankable. Brit at least has a slew of hits (and radio-play still) to her name... but what does Ms Lohan have? Naked pics emulating a cinematic icon? Gimme a camera and some free time and I'll post mine on Flickr...

2/20/08, 12:07 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

glad you had fun in baltimore. Please tell me that at least once you woke up and screeched "Good Morning Baltimore" and used ozone degrading hairspray? No?!

I don't get the cult of celebrity - people who become more famous for being famous. It's bizarre. It's rife in England too where we have the evil Kerry Katona who was in a girl group but left before they got successful and has somehow managed to stay famous by taking drugs, marrying ugly men, smoking while pregnant and selling every aspect of her life to OK magazine. WTF?!?!?!?!

2/20/08, 1:37 AM  
Blogger T$ said...

this might not translate in the written form...

How does a bomb explosion sound in Baltimore?

"Ka-bouuuuum"

Hearing a native say it is always a treat :)

2/21/08, 10:31 AM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Bawdimore? I love that town. Hope you gave a huge wet one to Edna and Tracy for me!

2/21/08, 10:44 PM  
OpenID toonsntunes said...

It was lovely having you down here... hopefully next time I can come to your class and see you more!!! Damn school/work schedule!!

Lovin you...

(PS is Hairspray really all Baltimore has to offer to the wold?)

2/23/08, 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home