2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

The Fabulous Network



Fab Blogger of the Week: Weltanschauung
Starting this week, I'll be singling out a weekly commenter at ModFab for special praise, love, and attention...and I can't think of anyone better that Spencer Lord, the wildly imaginative mind behind Weltanschauung. His random thoughts hop all over his Chicagoan life, from being a happy thirtysomething to his (ahem) preference for African-American men to the (literal) size of his heart. I'm jealous that he can approach all of these topics, and more, with a verbal flair and unfailing fascination. Webster defines weltanschauung as "a comprehensive conception or apprehension of the world especially from a specific standpoint." My feelings exactly.

Also contributing to the comments this week at Modern Fabulousity:

Blanton's and Ashton's moves to the arctic tundra of Minnesota...
Buffalo Void details the allure of public drunkenness...
A Blog Next Door makes his Oscar predictions public...
David and the Dream of Horses smokes weed and ruminates...
FizzyPop reports on Debbie Gibson's Camp Electric Youth...
Kei had a great time in Mexico...
The Many Rantings of John finds 2007 to have been quite quotable...
Party Favorz tells Texas to vote for Hillary...
Pressing The Flesh continues to ruminate over Super Tuesday...
Steve on Broadway loved Sunday in the Park as much as I did...
Stinkylulu is gearing up for the Supporting Actress Oscar Night...
Tapeworthy says bye to Jesse Martin, hello to David Archuleta...
Toons 'N Tunes enjoys renderings of Batman...naked...
Weltanschauung* notes the Hillary-Tracey Flick similarity...
*denotes former blog comment virgins, who are now big comment sluts

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DBK said...

Please don't talk about me when I'm gone,
Oh, honey though our friendship ceases, from now on;
And, listen, if you can't say anything real nice,
It's better not to talk at all, is my advice.

We're parting, you go your way I'll go mine,
it's best that we do;
Here's a kiss! I hope that this brings lots of luck to you.

Makes no difference how I carry on,
Remember, please don't talk about me when I'm gone.
**********************
But, of course, our friendship will never cease. And I won't be cyber-gone, just physically in a new location.

2/25/08, 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home