2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, February 11, 2008

 

Amy Winehouse Wins Grammys, Retains The Ability To Stand

Our girl had a really good night yesterday at the Grammys: a sweep of the big awards, a rousing performance, an overwhelmed acceptance speech, and no visible track marks. (I know, there aren't any when you smoke it, right?). I'm more thrilled than I've been over the Grammys in years; I love her blazing talent, and I've been pushing her on ModFab readers for the better part of two years, long before anyone in the U.S. had ever heard of her. She's truly a major talent, and I hope she cleans up and makes many more astonishing, breathtaking records.

Labels:

2 Comments:

OpenID toonsntunes said...

I'm torn. Her album is a truly great album. But she is a fucking mess. Totally. I'd like for her to go under a rock, get clean, get some mental help, and come out as a more rounded person, because I'm really done celebrating junkies as pop stars.

That's all.

And I can't believed Herbie Hancock bested Kanye with a covers album!?

2/11/08, 10:42 AM  
Blogger T$ said...

My favorite Winehouse moment:

"And for my Blake...my Blake Incarcerated."

I had to make it into a ringtone.

Too much comedy for words.

2/14/08, 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home