2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, January 24, 2008


You're Kidding, Right?

The title of the upcoming James Bond film can't really be Quantum of Solace, can it? No, there must be a mistake. No one would ever approve something so hideously terrible, much less a Hollywood studio. Could someone call CNN and tell them to check this again?



Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said...

absolutely nothing surprises me about Hollywood. I'm still reeling at the sexually transmitted disease sounding Revenge of The Sith.

1/24/08, 4:20 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Hey, you know what? I like it, and the good thing about a Bond film is that you can call it whatever the hell you want, and people will still go. It scans nicely (a dactyl and a trochee), and for a word nerd, that's important. Anyway, I think that when they called one "Octopussy," all bets were off for good.

1/25/08, 5:15 AM  
Blogger ModFab said...

True and salient points one and all, Dr. S. (On a side note, when you use words like "dactyl" and "trochee", which I neither understand or comprehend, I get very, very, very....turned on.)

1/25/08, 9:55 AM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Sigh. Someday someone will tell me that my ability to talk poetics turns him on, and he'll mean it, you know, in the flesh, and stuff. But until then, thanks, man.

Dactyl: three-beat poetic foot, with one stressed beat followed by two unstressed ("QUANtum of")

Trochee: two-beat poetic foot, one stressed and then one unstressed ("SOlace")

(Thus endeth your prosody for the day.)

Hey, I saw Sweeney Todd tonight, and I have to say, I think it kind of freaked me out. I'll be happy if I make it through the night with no bad dreams. Jeez.

1/26/08, 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home