2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, January 07, 2008


Moving In To The Funplex

I am LOVING the new cover for The B-52's comeback album, Funplex (due February 20th). Our good friends Ephemerist and NewNowNext see a Scissor Sisters influence to the image, but I see it more as an update on their classic album covers of Whammy!, Wild Planet, and their self-titled debut album. (Plus, if anyone's copying anyone, it's the other way around!) The first single, which should drop anyday, is supposedly a track called "Pump." If you hear it first, drop me an e-mail and let me know how it is!

Labels: , ,


OpenID ephemerist said...

Hi ModFab! Thanks for the shoutout! I can't wait to hear this album.

1/7/08, 1:05 AM  
OpenID toonsntunes said...

cover and the band both look great. very excited about this album, and hope they tour this summer in support of this disc. Great band!!!

1/7/08, 8:20 AM  
Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said...

I'm v excited about this album. Scissor sisters and Alphabeat are tiding me over nicely, but you can't beat the real thing :)

1/7/08, 1:59 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Oh, dude! They are so hott and so cool at the same time. And they look amazing. I'm going to have to go watch those old youtube clips of Dance this Mess Around, just to keep my excitement under control.

1/7/08, 6:40 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Now that I've had more time to think about this, can I just say: wow! and hooray!

1/7/08, 7:44 PM  
Blogger qta said...

the cover looks awesome, and you are so right about the return to Whammy! and Wild Planet.

1/8/08, 12:31 AM  
Blogger Raj said...

Wow - they look younger than ever! It seems they went back in time since Love Shack! I am slightly curious to hear their new stuff as well!

1/8/08, 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home