2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, January 25, 2008


Bloggie Nominees

The Eighth Annual Weblog Awards (aka The Bloggies) announced their nominations today. And coincidentally, for the eighth straight year, Modern Fabulousity is not one of the nominees. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Of course, any award that gives multiple nominations to He Who Must Not Be Linked is automatically suspect, ne c'est pas? But I can't be totally angry with any awards that recognizes the greatness of ModFab friends Bibi's Box, Daily Dose of Imagery, Lifehacker, Not Martha, I Guess I'm Floating, Treehugger, and the employer of ModFab friends, Television Without Pity. Good luck to all!

Labels: ,


Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said...

He who must not be linked got nominated in all those categories while you got none? My whole optimistic outlook on the world is ruined. Drawing sperm on someone is more entertaining than insightful political/theatrical/entertainment commentary? For fucks sake!

1/25/08, 3:15 AM  
Blogger ModFab said...

Paul, you are so sweet! If I had a uterus, I would totally have you be my babydaddy.

1/25/08, 9:52 AM  
Blogger DBK said...

Well, you get nominated, or don't get nominated, for web logs awards with the web log you have, not the web log you wish you had.

1/25/08, 2:52 PM  
Blogger Rural Juror said...

I still love ya!

1/25/08, 5:50 PM  
Blogger NATHANIEL R said...

wait DBK ---did u just diss ModFab?

it's so much better than some of the stuff that got nominated.


1/25/08, 9:42 PM  
Blogger jason said...

that's just not right.

But I'm sure these weblog awards thingies are just one big casting couch.

Now that's not a pretty image, now is it?

1/25/08, 10:34 PM  
Blogger J.D. said...

Well, at least this actually means ModFab is better than most of the blogs on the web because it wasn't nominated! Which it totally is!

1/26/08, 12:01 AM  
OpenID Bibi said...

Thanks for the link and the support! But I voted for you and voted to choose the finalists. The GLBT blogs were one of the ten categories sent to me to vote. You've got my vote, as Drawn, and many other blogs, but, I was just a single voice in the middle of another 49 random people... :-/

1/26/08, 1:00 PM  
Blogger Cal said...

Bitchy! It's almost as criminal as the Angelina Jolie snub.

1/26/08, 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home