2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Adventures In Casting: Zac Efron's New Boyfriend

- It's not enough, I guess, to announce that Christine Baranski (Chicago, The Birdcage) is finally returning to Broadway this spring in the British farce Boeing Boeing, alongside Mark Rylance and Studio 60's Bradley Whitford. Noooo, not enough at all. Apparently, we've got to also start rumors that Sarah Jessica Parker -- an even bigger stage diva, who has been gone longer than Baranski from the boards -- will take a role as well. While I think it's a wet dream pairing, my sources say it's not gonna happen. Baranski's in, but Parker's probably not.

- No casting yet, but the rumor is hot enough to get me salivating: Quentin Tarantino, directing a remake of Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Excuse me for a second, I have to go outside and get some air, because I'm gagging on all of the trashy fabulousness.

- What's up with all the geeky boys getting badass action roles? Ryan Gosling (Lars and the Real Girl) is the new Jack Ryan? Ben Foster (3:10 To Yuma) in the new James Bond flick? My, how the mighty have fallen. Gosling and Foster are good actors, don't get me wrong. But they both lack a little something in the hyper-masculine, ass-kicking department, in my opinion. (Feel free to kick my ass for talking smack, Ryan and Ben. I'll be waiting.) As bad as these choices may or may not be, neither of them made my stomach churn the way it did when I read the next headline. Are you ready? Here it is: Orson Welles Loves Zac Efron. (Let's hope, for his sake, that Zac is on top when the loving commences.)

- First Sacha Baron Cohen, now Will Smith. The cast is taking shape, it seems, for Steven Spielberg's historical drama Chicago 7. Interesting.

- And now last AND least: Oliver Stone is making a biography of our sitting President, George Bush. No Country For Old Men star Josh Brolin will reportedly play Dubya. I don't mean to say that we live in uninteresting times, but certainly there are other presidents in history who deserve a movie more than this jackass? How about James Polk: The Untold Story? Sex, Lies, and James Garfield? 10 Things I Hate About Grover Cleveland? Gerald Ford, Interrupted? Faster, Calvin Coolidge, Kill Kill? I got a million of 'em...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Manuel B said...

Re: Ryan and Ben
Two words: Matt Damon.
Who knew he had that ass-kicking Bourne inside him from the days of Good Will Hunting and The Talented Mr Ripley?

1/24/08, 12:04 AM  
Blogger will g said...

I think maybe you should take another look at Gosling in The Believer.

1/24/08, 3:49 AM  
Blogger John T said...

I would do Orson Welles before Zac Efron-I'm just saying.

1/24/08, 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home