2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, January 27, 2008

 

The ABC's Meme

Stolen shamelessly from Debonair Debacles, because I adore her and I adore memes:

THE ABC's of MODFAB
A - Age: 3?
B - Band listening to right now: Texas
C - Career future: More art, Less irritation
D - Dad’s name: Ted (actually Ted, not short for Theodore)
E - Easiest person to talk to: Damion, because he just gets me
F - Favorite type of shoe: Rockports. Comfortable and fashion-forward!
G – Grapes or Grapefruit: Love both, but grapes are sexier.
H – Hometown: Athens, GA (also home of R.E.M. and the B-52's. Yay!)
I – Instrumental talent: A bunch, surprisingly. Took piano lessons as a kid, and can still tinker around. In high school, I was the go-to guy for skimpy orchestra sections, so I learned the trumpet, trumbone, baritone, tuba, flute, xylophone, French horn, and English horn. I also play a mean kazoo.
J – Juice of choice: tomato, especially on planes. (I have no idea why.)
K – Koala Bear or Panda Bear: Panda Bear. Koalas look retarded.
L - Longest car ride ever: Atlanta to New York City. In a nor'easter blizzard. Jesus, I hate riding in cars.
M – Middle name: I have three (thanks Mom and Dad!). They are Todd, Stephen and Gabriel.
N - Number of jobs you’ve had: 17. They were gardener, dishwasher, ice cream cart worker, busboy, waiter, telemarketer, administrative assistant, Kinko's midnight shift, artistic associate, marketing director, advertising manager, membership director, managing director, artistic director, playwright, actor, director. Best: director. Worst: waiter at Red Lobster.
O- OCD traits: counting the number of letters on roadway signs.
P - Phobias: Heights. It's really bad for me. Three feet off the ground, I start to sweat.
Q - Quote: "Cigarettes are one of the leading causes of statistics." (Liza Minnelli)
R - Reason to smile: My hubby.
S - Song you sang last: "Halo" by Texas, about thirty seconds ago
T - Time you wake up: 7AM weekdays, 9AM weekends
U - Unknown fact about me: I've lost 16 pounds since January 1st.
V - Vegetable you hate: Black-eyed peas.
W - Worst habit: Trying to fix everyone's problems
X - X-rays you’ve had: everything (I've broken a lot of bones over the years)
Y - Yummiest food my belly likes: chocolate and cheese
Z - Zodiac sign: Taurus, with Gemini rising

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger jason said...

for a minute I read that as:
"artistic director at Red Lobster"

How cool would that be, figuring out where to hang nets and such. :)

1/27/08, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

There's a new novel by Stuart O'Nan called "Last Night at the Lobster." You might enjoy it, or it might bring back too many unhappy memories.

1/27/08, 3:18 PM  
Blogger ZenDenizen said...

Thanks for stealing, I didn't tag anyone because some people get annoyed.

So what's in the water in Athens? All that creativity...

1/27/08, 3:56 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I love Athens GA. Great place to visit!

1/27/08, 8:28 PM  
Blogger Vance said...

Tomato juice seems to be the juice of choice on airplanes for EVERYONE. What's with that? Seriously?

(And Ginger Ale seems to be the pop of choice, is it monkey see monkey do?)

1/28/08, 12:03 AM  
Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said...

I fancy a bash at this!

A - Age: 33 and a bit
B - Band listening to right now: HardFi
C - Career Future: Less hours more pay
D - Dad's name: Thomas John
E - Easiest Person to talk to: Dazpanteloons
F - Fave shoe: Skechers. Who knew i was such a whore for Ashley Simpson endorsed product
G - Grapes or Grapefruit: Grapes
H - Hometown: Birmingham, UK (also home of er, Duran Duran, Ozzy Osbourne and UB40. Oh my. Cat Deeley also went to my school!)
I - Instrumental talent: Piano to grade 8 level, Saxophone and clarinet, both to grade 5 level and i can still whittle off a tune on a descant recorder.
J - Juice of choice: Cranberry. Its such a vivid colour
K - Koala or Panda Bear: Panda. I agree with modfab. Koala's are way learning disabled.
L - Longest car ride ever: Rochester NY to Orlando Florida. I swear i wanted to die.
M - Middle name: I'll never tell. I detest it avec une passione
N - Number of jobs you've had: 9 - most in the care industry, most with very boring titles. Best was camp counsellor for 4 summers in Rochester NY
O - OCD traits: Absolutely having to visit here every day
P - Phobias: Birds. Am absolutely terrified of them.
Q - Quote: "Alcohol - the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems" Home Simpson
R - Reason to smile: 5 weeks til Vegas vacation
S - Song you last sang to: "Sun Goes Down" by David Jordan. Aces.
T - Time you wake up: 6am weekdays, 8am weekends. I'm a morning person!
U - Unknown fact about me: I'm really shy in person, and far less bawdy.
V - Vegetable you hate: Asparagus
W - Worst Habit: googling people from my past
X - Xrays you've had: None, have had a number of scans back when i had cancer tho. Fun times :P
Y - Yummiest food: Most recently the delicious new lasagne from marks and spencers
Z - Zodiac sign: Taurus

1/28/08, 6:21 AM  
Blogger ladydisdain said...

I never knew you could play one instrument, let alone a whole one-man's band worth.

Yay on the 16 pounds!

1/28/08, 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home