2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, December 27, 2007


Further Proof That Gays Love Drugs

Who knew that closeted 'mos Rock Hudson and Bea Arthur were such crackheads? [via The Daily Swarm]

Labels: , , ,


Blogger DBK said...

That was fun.

"Jivin' to Eddie Duchin was turnin' on!"

I love it.

Poppers...brings back memories. First time I ran across poppers (I've never tried them myself) was at Oil Can Harry's in San Francisco in 1978. I was visiting my older brother during the summer. I was twenty years old and my brother and I wanted to go to a bar and, although I was legal on the east coast, the drinking age on the left coast was twenty-one, so my brother suggested we (there were five or six of us...me being the youngest) go to Oil Can Harry's, a mixed gay/straight bar where they didn't look too closely at IDs. I borrowed an ID from a friend of his; it was a good thing nobody looked too closely at IDs because it was a photo ID. Not only didn't I look like his friend, but the ID showed Jeff's height at 6'4 and I'm 5'10". Anyway, we went in and were having a good time, dancing and sipping the odd drink or two, when I noticed this odd smell. I asked my brother if he smelled it and he explained to me about amyl nitrate. I was kind of curious to try it, but he said he didn't think it was all that great, so I never did try it, but you could see, and smell, guys popping amyls all night long on the dance floor.

'78 in San Francisco. Interesting place to be.

12/27/07, 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home