2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, December 06, 2007

 

Big News: ModFab Falls In Heterosexual Love For The Very First Time

I have never met the fabulous, gorgeous, vivacious, unflappable Dr. S. in person. I've been a fan of her blog, My Cabinet of Distractions, for a long time...and she is a member of the still-in-exile ModFab Six, of course. Still, we have never spoken on the telephone, seen pics of each other, or shared more than an internet-based friendship. But today, things are different. Today, I've decided to marry her. Immediately, if she'll have me. I am in love, sweet love, and I may never love like this again.

Why? Because today, in the mail, arrived a package from London where she is currently residing, and inside, the most wonderful thing any person could ever give me...the 2-disc, special-edition import of Kylie's new album, X. It isn't available in the U.S. until 2008, of course, and despite sketchy track mp3s across the web, I haven't been able to get a perfect sense of the record until now. And I have Dr. S' thoughtfulness to thank for it!

First off, the regular CD looks like this:

And my copy -- the fancy, extra-special copy -- looks like this:

Oooh la la! All black and elegant and shit! The DVD which accompanies the album has all kinds of goodies on its, including an interview with Miss Kylie, the video for "2 Hearts", and more. So far (I'm listening to it now), my favorite tracks are "No More Rain," "Speakerphone," "In My Arms" and of course "Wow," which I'd posted before and think has the potential to be a Kylie Classic for the ages.

If I could fly across the Atlantic and hug Dr. S' neck, I would. But as it is, I have to thank her from Stateside, and hope she'll accept this very happy gay boy's undying, passionate, Streisand-like adoration. Thanks, sister. If you want a copy of the new Hanson CD, just let me know and I'll airmail it over.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Oh, hooray! I'm glad that it arrived and that you love it, as I knew you would. When I bought it, I had the option of the regular edition or the Special Deluxe Make-ModFab-Ecstatic edition (it said this on the poster), and there was simply no way not to choose option B.

And I do indeed accept your adoration. Thanks for that!

Mwah, again.

12/6/07, 5:05 AM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

P.S. Though I'm no Hanson fan, if you could airmail me a creative, thoughtful, single, and straight boy, I'd sign for that delivery (and pay any extra postage required) straightaway. (Heh heh!)

This is not to reject your love--simply to complement it.

12/6/07, 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Robbie @ http://toonsntunes.wordpress.com said...

OOh!!! So lucky you are!!!

I'm trying to hold out for the US release... and I dunno if I'll be able to make it. I ordered the 2 Hearts single on Amazon and it should be hear any day now...

12/6/07, 8:48 AM  
Blogger Kei said...

Just got "X" today. "In My Arms" and "Speakerphone" are truly wonderful! I'm grooving to "2 Hearts", also. I can't wait for the July 26 London concert! Toons 'n Tunes is going, too! Want a ticket? On a completely different note, I just bought tickets for AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY for the 22nd. My chance to see some extreme family dysfunction for the holidays. OK, back to the dance floor!

12/6/07, 10:00 AM  
Anonymous will g said...

I've been listening to the album for a couple of weeks now on the website Finetune, which I'm assuming you and your readers know about. But if not, I'll just say I worship the site. For show queens especially, it's nirvana, with all kinds of rarities. You don't get to hear tracks in order, but these days who does that anyway?

12/6/07, 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home