2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, November 10, 2007


Try A Little Un Deux Trois?

Many readers seemed to dig our video trip to the recent past, so I thought I'd follow it up with this fabulously trashy ditty by one of the most glittering bands in the universe, Alcazar. Equal parts cheese and sleaze, sure. But I love horny Eurodisco, and the unabashed perversion of the lyrics (presented so damn cheerfully!) makes me chuckle every time.

Labels: ,


Blogger Raj said...

Oh how I miss Alcazar. I was tragically depressed when they broke up. There are 'talks' of them getting back together but it just won't be the same without the original line-up...sigh. Eurotrash at it's ultimate best. And that blonde boy Magnus is oh so pretty and pretty much a Swedish superstar.

11/10/07, 3:53 AM  
Blogger The Slabber said...

If you're in the middle, better hold on tight.

11/10/07, 9:28 AM  
Blogger ZenDenizen said...

Love your site! Thank you for posting this video. I wish they would play more music like this in the US but it's a lost cause. I wrote my own tribute to them here:


12/23/07, 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home