2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, October 29, 2007


Oscar-ology: Free Movie Scripts

You may not know it yet, but Marc Forster's The Kite Runner, Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood, and Noah Baumbach's Margot at The Wedding will all be serious Oscar contenders this year. Sadly, we can't see them until November and December -- but you can download their screenplays for free right now, as well as other Paramount Vantage offerings Into the Wild and A Mighty Heart. Grab 'em quick, who knows how long they'll last. And guess what I'll be reading on vacation! (The Blood script isn't linked, but if you follow the format of the other films' URLs, it pops up.)

Labels: ,


Blogger NATHANIEL R said...

Trust me when I saw that Margot will not be a contender. Nevertheless I understand the spirit with which the post was intended. And on that note: THERE WILL BE BLOOD. PT Anderson is an amazing writer but I am never going to read that script before watching the movie. I want the whole thing to gush at me all at once. I'm hoping it's pure black gold

10/30/07, 8:32 AM  
Blogger T$ said...

hmmm...I was just about to say how excited I was about Margot...but the above comment has me puzzled. I keep hearing great things about Jennifer Jason Leigh though...

10/31/07, 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home