2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Thursday, October 11, 2007


National Coming Out Day

In case any of you weren't aware, I'm one a' them homoseckuals you keep hearin' so much about. There are a lot of us out there. And sometimes we have to flaunt it in your face. Like today.

I know that many of you hate that -- we're told millions of times how straight people "don't mind gays, if we just wouldn't be so vocal about it." I have a news flash for you. Some of us are tired of talking about it, too.

But we have to keep talking about it, bringing it up, making you pay attention. Because there are still places where they hang us in the public square, or deny us jobs, or throw gay children out on the street, or beat us for sport (even, in some cases, the police), or refuse us equal rights under the law. Because we have no protections except our own voices. Because morality demands that we speak up.

So it's Coming Out Day. Here I am. Out. Talking about it. And I hope you'll be talking about it today, too.

Labels: , ,


Blogger JB said...

Hear! Hear! Sister...living out loud is the only way change will come.

10/11/07, 10:34 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

OMIGOD! You're GAY? I had no idea. Why didn't you tell me? ;)

I kid, I kid. Flaunt away, my friend. You really ARE both modern AND fabulous.


10/12/07, 7:00 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I left a comment here; why didn't it show up? :(

10/16/07, 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home