2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, October 20, 2007


The ModFab Gallery: 2007 Photo of the Year

The G8: Protest The Hero
2007 Photo of the Year

DoubleCrossed: Door #1

Congratulations to The G8 for a decisive win in our Photo of the Year competition, and to our first runner up, DoubleCrossed. These two works resonated deeply with Modern Fabulousity readers, who voted in record numbers for this final vote. I think the choice was a dramatic one, which I am surprised by...but the photo is executed flawlessly, and its visceral and emotional impact is overwhelmingly strong. I love it, as I do all of the work of The G8.

With the 2007 competition now closed, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that this will be the end of the . It has been a tremendous three year journey, and supporting and promoting the creative vision of over 500 photobloggers has been a tremendous honor. I'm thrilled to have met so many talented artists through this project, and I continue to be a most enthusiastic fan. In the future, we will continue to occasionally profile great photographs (and their makers). But all great things must come to an end, and such is the case here.

Again, congratulations to our winner!

All photos appear by copyright permission. Modern Fabulousity does not grant reprint or duplication rights, which are expressly retained by the photographers linked above.

Labels: ,


Anonymous dawn said...

Joey's photograph, for me, was the choice because it showed the skill of the photographer. The lighting, the setup (I read how he mixed the "blood" for this) is just phenomenal.

Doublecrossed's photo is awesome, too.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're ending this. It's been fun to see photographers that I don't always see. Thanks for all of the work you've done on this, G.

10/20/07, 10:03 AM  
Blogger par3182 said...

not the gallery, i love the gallery

doesn't that count for something?

10/20/07, 10:17 PM  
Blogger ModFab said...

It does, Par. It really does. No one is sadder than me to see the Gallery go. But the truth is, it's incredibly difficult to put together (if you do it right), and it doesn't seem to be of much interest anymore to the photoblogging community. And with all the (spoiler alert) changes I'm planning for ModFab, I had to let some things go.

I do apologize for your loss, however. :-)

10/20/07, 11:22 PM  
Blogger par3182 said...


i don't like the sound of that...

10/21/07, 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home