2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Tuesday, September 25, 2007


Commenting, Moderation, and Suckage.

Savvy readers may have noticed that I left Haloscan as my comment service, due to some scary issues I discovered about their political affiliations. So I've returned to Blogger, and sadly was immediately hit with comment spam. So I've now turned on comment moderation, which I know sucks, because it means you have to log in and do the password thing, etc. I apologize, and hope you'll keep posting. Because I read each and every one, and try to answer commenters who bring up really great points. (Not to mention that commenters are guaranteed a link as part of the week's Fabulous Network!)

And if anyone has a great non-Haloscan solution for commenting, please send it my way.



Blogger Paul said...

i too need to switch comments, i am deluged with spam offering me viagara!! Lovely.

9/25/07, 1:20 AM  
Blogger J.D. said...

It may be inconvenient, but who cares? If it needs to be done, it's okay. :)

And wait, what political affilitions? Did I miss something?

9/25/07, 2:56 AM  
Blogger The Slabber said...

sorry to hear about this.
if it's not one thing, it's another. that is for sure.

9/25/07, 7:32 AM  
Blogger T$ said...

I commented a few days ago...and they went up initially but are now gone. did your switch delete recent comments?

9/25/07, 7:13 PM  
Blogger ModFab said...

I think I lost a few in the switchover. Sorry, my friend.


9/25/07, 7:15 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

What political affiliation? WAHHH! You mean like Snapple? What?

The Google! It shows nothing! :(

9/26/07, 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home