2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, August 01, 2007


You Tube of the Week: Whenever Wherever Whatever

For years -- over a decade at least -- I've maintained that my favorite song of all time is "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire. And I do love it. But time changes everything, and of late I've been thinking that my favorite is changing. The song that's replacing my beloved EWF? The Maxwell classic "Whenever Wherever Whatever." Of course it's heartbreakingly beautiful, but much more than merely that...it's a love song that understands its selflessness, the power found in succumbing to something bigger than yourself. (And on a completely unrelated note: when is Maxwell finally going to release that trilogy project?)

What songs make you go weak in the knees?

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home