2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, August 31, 2007

 

Venice Film Festival Begins

As far as I'm concerned, the Academy Awards season officially starts this week with the beginning of the Venice Film Festival...and already we're off to a rocky start. Specifically, there's bad news on two films I had looked forward to this fall. The reviews say Ang Lee's latest, Lust, Caution, is irritatingly overlong, while Kenneth Branagh's Sleuth supposedly gets lost in its own Pinter-esque circularity. I'd love to say I didn't see these criticisms coming, but both projects kind of reeked of ponderousness. Still, the only way to know for sure is to see them myself...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home