2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, July 23, 2007


Boys to Men? Presenting The Man Band...

By now we're not all that interested when reality shows recycle celebrity -- turning has-beens into rejuvenated C-listers seems a futile exercise in schadenfreude. (Yes, I too love Celebrity Fit Club, but Da Brat and Tiffany are not back on top of the music world just yet.)

But I have to admit that there's genius behind VH1's decision to churn the chum of the boy-band era. Mission: Man Band premieres on the channel August 6th, and will take four guys who are definitely not Justin Timberlake -- Chris Kirkpatrick (formerly of N'Sync), Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees), Rich Cronin (LFO) and best of all, the surly-eyed, now-zaftig Bryan Abrams (Color Me Badd) -- and watch them as they live, work, and try to regain pop success as a new not-quite-star unit. Call it Making The Band: Minor Celebrity Edition, or American Idol: The Forgotten Ones.

Lest you think I'm not excited, I totally am: this has tragi-fabulousness written all over it. Can't you already hear the bitchfight about who was better "back in the day"? I adore, mi amor -- it's tearin' up my heart, because I want it that way, you know what I'm sayin'?

To get you ready:
Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
N'Sync - Pop

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home