2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, June 27, 2007


You Tube of the Week: Tears Dry On Their Own

I realize that the Amy Winehouse backlash should be starting any day now, but I can't help but love her...she's a big hot drunk mess, and I love it. I miss the days when artists were unhappy addicts, singing about tormented love while imbibing gallon jugs of scotch. Ah Janis, where hast thou gone? Anyway, the video for my second-favorite song on Winehouse's Back To Black CD, "Tears Dry On Their Own", has just dropped; I love the borrowed riff from "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", I love the I-will-survive-damnit lyrics, and I even love her refusal in this video to dance to what is essentially a dance tune. Enjoy, I hope, as much as I do. [Thanks to Popbytes]

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home