2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, June 24, 2007


ModMusic: Looking Back at Depeche Mode

I usually profile new music in this column, but maybe that's a bad idea -- in a week that saw the release of Mandy Moore's country-folk album, perhaps older music really is better sometimes. So today I'm focusing on Playing The Angel, last year's career-revivifying disc from Depeche Mode. Few bands from the 80's have stayed on top of the charts for as long as they have (U2 and Bon Jovi are the only ones I can think of). I'm sure you've all bought the disc (you have, haven't you?), so here's some remixes you may not have heard of my favorite track, "Lilian", and videos, including the supreme "Suffer Well". Take a trip back, and enjoy.

Watch The Videos:
"Suffer Well"
"A Pain That I'm Used To"
"John The Revelator"
"Lilian (Pantha Du Prince Raboisen Ecke Burstah Remix)"
"Lilian (2006 Blue Monday Mix)"
"Lilian (Robag Wruhme Slomoschen Kikker)"
Visit: Official Site, My Space
Then Buy: Playing The Angel, Depeche Mode

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home