2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Tuesday, June 26, 2007


The Eight Things Meme

Yesterday in the comments, I was tagged for this meme by Declarations. And never let it be said that I turned down a good meme. So here goes:

1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. The greatest song ever written is "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire...which was also the recessional song at my big gay wedding. Jealous? Suffah...
2. I read a lot of science-fiction. Mostly Octavia Butler, Dan Simmons, Frank Herbert, David Wingrove. Enjoying Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro right now.
3. I was born in Athens, GA, home to the B-52's, R.E.M. and others. When I was in high school, I worked in a cafe with Michael Stipe's sister, Lynda. Michael taught me how to make a cappucino.
4. I've directed 55 plays in my career. Most in America, some not. Most in tiny theatres you've never heard of, some not.
5. I trust exactly four people in the entire universe. Five, if you count my mother.
6. For the life of me, I'll never understand why this band is not world-renowned.
7. I am utterly, completely, devastatingly in awe of dancers. I wish I had such control over my body. I wish I could be as beautiful when I move.
8. I really want to go to Australia, the Caribbean, or Italy. Sadly, I have no one in my life who wants to travel to these places, and I refuse to go alone. This truly sucks.

Now I tag, and I tag like a muther! My tag bitches are:
Blanton's and Ashton's
Brilliant at Breakfast
I Am Screaming and Punching Myself
My Grey Garden
My New Plaid Pants
The Notorious J.O.E.
Toons 'N Tunes



Post a Comment

<< Home