2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

 

That's MISTER ModFab To You, Buddy...

In my other, non-blog life, I direct with my alternate-universe girlfriend Shannon a small theatre company...and we recently had some big news to share. Our frequent producers and longtime artistic collaborators, Peculiar Works Project, received an OBIE Award Grant yesterday in honor of last October's The Village Fragments...which included a play I directed, The Madness of Lady Bright by Lanford Wilson. Which means we kinda, sorta, halfway-won an OBIE too! Huzzah for us, huzzah for Peculiar Works, and huzzah to Gretchen, Steve, Lars, and Kay, who joined me to create a marvelous (and apparently, award-worthy) piece of theatre!

Currently, I'm gearing up for a second run in The Village Fragments next month, in the East Village this time. We'll be presenting Charles Ludlam's whacked-out intergalactic drag comedy Conquest of the Universe or When Queens Collide. I'm collaborating with my talented, sexy, overly-pierced buddy Christopher Mirto to bring two totally different productions of the play to life...and then have the two ensembles throwdown in a theatrical street brawl! It's all loosely inspired by historical facts from the 1960's, and will be a lot of fun. The event begins on June 14th. For tickets and other info, check out Peculiar Works' website next week.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home