2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, March 28, 2007


Attend The Perm of Sweeney Todd...

Meet the new, improved, cinematically-challenged demon barber of Fleet Street, wandering on the set of the Sweeney Todd movie in London. What do we think, friends? For me, it doesn't do anything to alleviate my fears about Tim Burton's movie version of Sondheim's gothic horror tale. The afro-hair is really over the top (stolen, I believe, from Glenn Close's fro in 102 Dalmatians, with an unintentional Sanjaya-like flair), and the rest of the costume reeks of antique chic. I really hope the movie works -- I love this show so completely -- but I'm still nervous. Your thoughts? [photo found at What's Good/What Blows]

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home