2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Sneak Preview: Top Design

Bravo is advertising their new reality competition, Top Design, on ModFab (for which we love them long time). They've also been kind enough to send over a You Tube preview of tonight's episode, which apprarently involves carpentry and painting with a broom.

For me, the verdict is still out on Top Design. As readers know, I am a big fan Bravo's sister shows Project Runway and Top Chef; I even geeked out over the similarly-themed Design Star on HGTV, so I am the perfect target market for this new effort. But having only seen one episode, I have reservations -- I'm not yet into the contestants, the design sequence wasn't shot very well, and despite the presence of secret guest judge/trannie goddess Alexis Arquette, I never engaged the way I expected to. Let's hope tonight's episode puts my concerns to rest...and that painting with a broom is significantly more fascinating than I imagine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home