2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

ModMusic: The Bird and the Bee

I'm currently crushing on California's The Bird and the Bee, whose debut album recently dropped and I haven't stopped playing since. Combining electronica, 50's lounge touches, pop hooks and contemporary relationship foibles in the lyrics, they are really, really something -- as if Swing Out Sister and New Order had been put in a blender. Today I'm sharing the video for TB&TB's first single, "Again and Again". The next single I like even more: "F-cking Boyfriend", which my blogbud Arjan has a free MP3 of. (Sadly, it's the "clean" version, but beggars can't be choosers, right?) Their tour pulls into New York for three different stops later this month, beginning at Joe's Pub on February 28. I'm definitely going....probably by myself, since I have few friends who will take a chance on a band like this. If any of you end up going, let me know.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home